AMETA (the Australian Meteorological Association Inc) was established in 1969 under the direction of John ‘Doc’ Hogan, the then South Australian Regional Director of the Bureau of Meteorology. One of its primary purposes has been to open up communication between the Bureau of Meteorology and people in the community who either used weather services or had an interest in meteorology (to be expanded)
About PWS Interest Group (to be expanded)
About Meetings (to be expanded when normality returns). Traditionally we have held meetings on the third Tuesday evening of each month (except December), usually from 6pm to about 7:30pm.
How to become a Member
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are presently in hibernation.
However, you are most welcome to become a virtual AMetA member and enjoy our non-contact offerings – all for free! In particular, this includes access to our expanded email communications.
Simply send us an email with your name and email address and you will receive monthly copies of our AMetA newsletters, covering matters meteorological on the even months and some slightly more technical stuff about home weather stations on the odd months. Meanwhile, you can sample past issues of our newsletters here, which will give you an idea of what AMetA is all about.
How to pay Subscriptions
- It has always been possible to pay subs by cash to our Treasurer at our physical meetings, but fewer and fewer people use cash these days!
- You can use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the following AMetA bank account:
- BSB 105-900
- Account 952 826 740
- Tag Your name + “Subs”
- Please also send an email to Treasurer@ameta.org.au to help him/her link you to the payment. New members should add contact information such as:
- preferred name
- preferred email address for notices, newsletters, etc
- phone number (optional)
- We were trialling the use of Credit Cards pre-COVID-19 so that will probably be available soon?